I found a workaround to set default labels for manual labeling:
- Run a "insertt label" command and b typing "C" open "label content mnager"
- Select "User" tree, right-click and set as current from the context menu
- Go inside the tree for label definitions for each type of object (e.g. beam) and remember the name of label content definition which is actually set as current
- Do any change in the content field (e.g. delete a part of the string) and from the roll-out menu choose some different label content definition. Now should happen that the "save" button is active (this seems to be a bug)
- Set back the label content definition which was default, make changes and save, do this for all objects you want
Now you should have the label content set according to your request also for future sessions.
I think that label content manager and drawing style manager are not linked, so even if there are labeling strategies with the same name, the content differs.