Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:04:58 GMT by Nenad

Hi,

How can I extract just a numeric part of the numbering (for filling the specification table)? The table width is predefined, and the part/assy numbering must be made by predefined code.

I manually change the table content after the drawing is exploded. Can it be done by default?

See the pictures attached.

When creating labels, I see there is an option to use a VBScript? If this is the way, can someone write the script?

Thanks in advance,

cheers. 

Attachment: Spec.zip

Posted Thu, 22 May 2014 14:59:01 GMT by Marian Bandzak

Hello Nenad,

As far as AS objects have their numbers only in one  variable ("token"), it is not possible to automatically split the item number in seprate infoemations to use in BOMs. Maybe the good way to obtain the requested behavior is to define prefix (I suppose this is the problem of too long number) in another property, such as lot, name, free remarks... In the BOM you just use corresponding tokens to fill the table automatically. This can be correctly set also for labels on drawings. But I don´t know how strict rules of your contractor, and where else, except the documentation, the numbering according to fixed rules must appear.

Regading VBScript - What do you expect to have in labels? It is possible to use tokens from the model, which are available and change color, thickness, spacing, etc. I suppose that options are limited in AS.

Regards,

Marian

Posted Fri, 30 May 2014 17:00:40 GMT by Nenad

Hello Marian,

the problem is that I need the numbering part from part number to appear in table (that has too small fields- see the attachment). If I define the prefix elsevere that could be the solution for very small models.

The problem is that most of the models have 100+ tons of steel, and we split the model roughly:

Columns (main parts: 123.45-C-1, 123.45-C-2, 123.45-C-99) (single parts: 123.45-C-100, 123.45-C-101, 123.45-C-999)

Beams (main parts: 123.45-B-1, 123.45-B-2, 123.45-B-99) (single parts: 123.45-B-100, 123.45-B-101, 123.45-B-999)

Traverse (main parts: 123.45-T-1, 123.45-T-2, 123.45-T-99) (single parts: 123.45-T-100, 123.45-T-101, 123.45-T-999)

You get the idea. We have 5-6 more groups.

Now - if I understood you right - you suggest to (for example) GIVE the main parts just  "C-" as prefix, and to sett for example User Att1 as 123.45.

Then - in the table, to fill the field with "main part" and all the labels on the drawing with "user att1""main part"

That could do the trick.

I'll try it and inform you how did it work.

Thanks for an idea,

cheers,

Nenad

p.s. - as for the vba script - I was hoping that it would be possible to make a variable with instructions to use characters 7-12 from part name... Never mind it - this idea of yours could do the trick... 

Posted Mon, 02 Jun 2014 09:42:09 GMT by Marian Bandzak

Hello Nenad,

I am still checking for options howto do it. Can you attach the example model (or justa a part of it) with numbering you use and also your BOM template?

Regards,

Marian

Posted Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:07:39 GMT by Nenad

Hello Marian,

You can find a part of the model attached.

If you need any more info do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Nenad

Attachment: 205.45.ZIP

Posted Mon, 02 Jun 2014 16:15:23 GMT by Nenad

Hello Marian,

I have tried the suggested solution.

It's partialy working:

- I gave the model MP/SPs the shorten prefix: B-

- the table is looking good, aside the fact that I can't find the way to move the font to start from left border line - there is a gap, and again the SP name is passing the field border on the right (see attached examples).

I tried to exclude the right border line and move the SP name field 2mm to the left, but then the bottom line protrudes - it is not aligned on the left side...

Is it possible to "align" the text inside the box more left? (see attached examples).

- The labels. I was hoping I will have the 1 punch solution: I confused the UserAttr2 with UserProjAttr2.

I was hoping I will be able to set the "project number" 123.45 at just one place in the project data, and be able to "call" it where ever I need it (in the labels).

However - it turned out that I have to define the UserAttr2 for every MP/SP - this alone is not a big issue, but as we will certanly be adding new parts with new revision of the project, it is a few steps more then I was hoping at the first time (with the UserProjAttr2)

Is it possible to use UserProjAttr for the label definition?

Thanks,

cheers,

Nenad

Attachment: BOM - tables, MP SP shorten.zip

Posted Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:30:29 GMT by Nenad

Hi,

you can find attached the extreme example ( "*XY-123" - 7 characters- the longest SP labeling we had so far) - the name is overlaping the part quantity.

This is the longest, but the others also have 6 characters, so the situation is not ideal there also. Eventualy, the 6 characters + one digit part quantity could be squized in the predicted area...

It would help a bit if I could move just the text to the left, and not the bottom line of the box - but it seems that it can't be done. Or can it?

Still looking for better solution.

Thanks anyway for the reply,

Cheers,

Nenad

Attachment: Table KB.zip

Posted Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:02:00 GMT by Nenad

Hi again.

I have found the temporary solution. Please see the attached file.

I am not sure if the form will pass (the moved MP number so it won't overlap the SP no, the protruding SP numbers) - but I'll try it and see if the taskmaster will have any objections...

Anyway, if anyone find a better soution, I would appreciate if (s)he let's me know...

Thanks in advance,

Nenad

P.s. - if anyone is qurious, I have turned off the borderlines for target fields, and added a simple "line" (the length I needed). At the end, added the line to the targeted group. ;)

Posted Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:04:26 GMT by Nenad

the attachment:

p.s. - you people realy should work on your Forum functionality and apearence (edit post, quote post, strethcable "input message field")...

Attachment: Table KB temp sol.zip

Posted Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:16:59 GMT by Marian Bandzak

Hi Nenad,

I asked for option to use VBA script or to split the name and prefix, but I can definitely confirm that it is not possible,

Regarding project data - they cannot be used for labeling objects, here only object properties can be used (project data camn appear in drawing titleblocks, BOM headers, ...)

Anyway, it seems that the issue is moving towards the alternative solution (different to modify exploded BOM) :-)

Cheers,

Marian

Posted Wed, 04 Jun 2014 08:54:31 GMT by Nenad

Hi Martin,

I knew I should't tell you guys about the temporary solution - now you'll push this problem to the corner and work on some other urgent stuff...

I AM JUST KIDDING :)

If I understood right, you forwarded this issue to the developers, and what else can we do but sit and wait. Let's hope that the taskmasters won't have any complains about the tables :)

Thank you again for your support,

Cheers,

Nenad

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.