Posted Tue, 19 May 2015 21:53:37 GMT by Russ Parker
I have read the FAQ regarding this procedure. I followed the procedure. The picket does not show up as an option in the railing macro. I have tried several combinations of Section Class, Section Type, Shape, Name of section for the class and so on....I have generated the user section, checked the names and layers to make sure they match what is in the FAQ. I can draw the shape by itself, but I need it in the macro.Could someone please tell me how to get my user section ( HSS 1/2x1/2x.065 ) into the rail macro so that I can use it as a picket? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 May 2015 22:05:28 GMT by
Hi Russ, In the Advance manager select the table editor icon. Then, in the astorRules table select the line that reads "JointsGuiAllowedSections". You can use filter to help find it.In that table, you will see on line 31 that in manages join control "Grabrail". It tells us that the allowed section is O.After you will go under Astor Profiles and select the "ProfileMasterTable", again, you can use filter option to find it. You then find the category you want to add. In you case I beleive it would be the AISC_HSS_Square. If you scroll to the left, under the column "SubTypName" you will see that it is "H".You then go back to the Astor rule table and select the line that reads "JointsGuiAllowedSections". You will the copy line 31 at the end of the table and simply change the O to an H. Make sure to also change the KEY number to 99999 to make sure it isn't overlapping anything.Close Advance manager, update defaults and you will have access to the new category. You can add any category to any macro that way.
Posted Tue, 19 May 2015 22:39:23 GMT by Russ Parker
I have already done that, several times. The section does not appear in the rail macro. The FAQ posted here gives a slightly different approach. I tried that also and it didn't work. Is there something I need to look for in the database that might give me clue as to what is wrong in how I'm entering the information? I need the section for pickets, not grab rails. Does that matter if I use grab rail instead of VerticalFilling? I can send a screen shot of the database entry if that would help sort out what is wrong.Thanks.
Posted Tue, 19 May 2015 23:24:59 GMT by
Hi Russ, It will be much easier to find the SubTypeName in the AstorProfile "ProfileMasterTable" if you create your section by simply adding it to the astor profile database under the Square HSS section. Don't create it as a user profile, simply add it to the table named EXT_AISC_HSSSquare in the table editor under AstorProfile.Regards.
Posted Wed, 20 May 2015 00:15:51 GMT by Russ Parker
I tried your suggestion but it doesn't show up in the rail macro. Do I need to fill in every column of data in the Master_Profiles table? That is a lot of information that I don't have. When I made the section and generated it I was able to draw that section. My understanding is that it would be a simple matter of putting that user section in the Astor Profiles database and then it would be available in the macro.Copy line 31, add an H in the section type and that was all that needed to be done. This is looking like it is much more complicated. I know you can't answer this question, but why is it so difficult to make these changes? I've already generated the section. I would like to use it where it would be the most helpful.Do you have any other suggestions?Thanks for your help.
Posted Wed, 20 May 2015 16:12:00 GMT by
Good morning Russ, All in all the procedure should work. I have tested it again just to make sure. If you want I can do it with you. I will give you a call this morning and we can try it over a GoToMeeting.Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.