Posted Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:11:47 GMT by

Hi,

I am not able to get "Saw cut list-Pictures" reports from all projects I have. I repaired AS2011, SP1, SP2. Used original data base. Used template file given from tech. support, working on their side. ("Saw cut list" works fine.)

Any idea what might be the reason? Thank you and have a nice day.

Ilko Dimitrov

Tuckerman Steel Fabricators

Posted Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:47:31 GMT by

Hi, Does somebody know what file or table from the data base is controlling the "Saw cut list-Pictures"? Everything looks fine and works well with the customized database and the original data base, except these lists. Is there a set-up in MT that might control these lists? Thank you and have a nice day, Ilko

Posted Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:16:50 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Advance Steel uses the database : AstorBitmaps.mdb (located in C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Steel\2011\Steel\Data ) to map the profile - saw angle combination to a suitable picture which is then read from a .dll file in the AS installation. Please check if this table is readable and mapped correctly in the DatabaseConfiguration.xml file (located in C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Steel\2011\Configuration ). If the problem still persists please attached a model/drawing and saved BoM list in which those pictures don't appear, the AstorBitmaps.mdb database and the BoM template used.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu
Posted Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:40:19 GMT by

Dumitru,

Attached is DWG, Database and BOM list as requested.

Thank you,

Ilko Dimitrov, Tuckerman Steel

Attachment: Foundation Frame_0.zip

Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:58:23 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

The beams in your model do not appear in the saw cut - picture list because you do not have any beams with a saw cut in the model. To have a valid saw cut the feature (shortening or contour processing - as in your case) needs to cut through both flanges and the web. In your case, the contour processing at the B1 beams ends do not cut through the lower flange, not triggering a valid saw cut.
The saw cut lists (with or without pictures) have the content : Beams with saw cut configured, which means that only those beams will appear, and if none of the beams meet this request, the list will be empty. You can change the template content to Beams for example, which will force the beams to appear in the list, but because they don't have valid saw cuts, their picture would be of a uncut beam, and also the angle and distance values associated to the cuts will be 0.
I've added a small drawing in which you can see the difference between the features on the beams present in your model, and a beam where the feature was modified to create a valid saw cut. Also, using the "Shortening" feature will always get you a valid saw cut (if the angles are different then 0).

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

Attachment: beamwithsawcut.zip

Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:14:21 GMT by

Dumitru,

I am not able to get the Saw cut list even from the drawing you sent.

As I mentioned before, I am not able to get these lists from any of the projects I have done, nevermind if it is complete saw cut or skew cut. If I click on "beams" on the report content, the list is empty again. 

You have my database, does everything look o.k.? 

I tried with the support in Montreal, but I do not think they are capable of solving the problem.

Thank you,

Ilko Dimitrov, Tuckerman Steel

Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:52:07 GMT by Olivier Gervais Graitec inc. Technical Supervisor
Hello Ilko,

Please send your AstorAddIn database to us at support.as@graitec.us I will make sure than somebody will check it.

Regards,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.