Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:52:17 GMT by

Has anybody had any experiance using strumis and advance steel together i would like to know how well

they work together.

Thanks

Rob

Posted Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:36:41 GMT by Mihai Sandu Graitec ROMANIA

Hello,

For bill of materials (BOM) Advance Steel is compatible with KISS standard. If StruM.I.S is a program which is created for the management of steel quantities, then it should also be compatible with KISS standard.

Best regards,

Mihai Sandu

Posted Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:04:25 GMT by
Rob did it work StruMIS can used KISS created from Advance GRAITEC as exchange format. We just used GRAITEC for view months and not able to produce report files like what Tekla Structure report file that can be read bu StruMIS.
And we already contact GRAITEC Support for view week with no positive result.

Soebali
Posted Tue, 08 Nov 2011 01:00:40 GMT by

Hello Soebali,

Advance Steel currently does not create Go Data file.
After checking with ACECAD (owner and developer of StruMIS) we can tell you that the best (and only current) way to communicate with StruMIS is the KISS file format.
In Advance Steel, to create a KISS file from your 3D model, go to AS Tools > Exchange formats > Export KISS

Advance Steel and Tekla Structures are two different software and they produce different types of BOMs (what you are calling reports).
Advance Steel also automatically create all types of BOMs (e.g bolt list, etc. ), this is in different format than Tekla Structures but all the information is there.

Regards

Philippe

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:37:33 GMT by

Dear all,

Please find below some new information concerning the link Advance Steel => BIMReview => StruM.I.S

Technical remarks:

- it requires using Advance Steel 2013 + SP1 (or later)
- the default "Export ACIS bodies to GTCX" must be set to "1" (instead of "0") in the Graitec Advance Manager 2013
- it requires using BIMReview V7 (will be released by AceCAD in April 2013) (or later)

The workflow is the following:

- in Advance Steel, go to BIM Center > Graitec BIM > Graitec BIM export, and select "*.gtcx" in the combo-box, then save the GTCX file
- in BIMReview, Open > Model and then select the "*.gtcx" file in the combo-box
- in StruM.I.S, import the "*.bswx" file previously saved in BIMReview

Best regards

Philippe

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.