Posted Sun, 07 Sep 2014 00:06:19 GMT by
Advance 2015 running on autocad 2015.

The extend command will select the boundary object, but won't extend the object. In 2014, the commanda asked if you wanted to go to face or system.

Don't get either of those.

This is a very frequently used functio, and important to my productivity.

Any suggestions
Posted Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:12:44 GMT by

Hi M Boyce, 

Sorry for the delay in responding. After testing this command still works fine. Perhaps you were using the normal extand/trim used for normal AutoCAD lines. To use this command on AdvanceSteel objects go in your Advance Steel Tool Palette. Then go in the "tools" section and scroll down. You will see the icon "Advanced Trim/Extend"

Regards.

Posted Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:27:33 GMT by

I've been an advance steel user for several years and I know that it needds to be the Advance Extend/Trim and not the straight autocad command.

I'm NOT a noviceuser...

I'm using it on ACAD 2015.  Thought maybe that was the problem, so I opened it in ACAD 2014.  Same problem.  And AS2015 won't laod into Autocad Architecture now either.

At thsi point, after beign an AS user for several years, I'm not terribly pleased with where it's going now that it's an Autodesk product...I email and call tech support and it's a struggle to even get a response, much less resolution to a problem.

Posted Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:02:42 GMT by

Hi M Boyce, 

AdvanceSteel will not work with AutoCAD Architecture. It will however work AutoCAD Mechanical. The email for support is: support.americas@graitec.com.  We try to answer within 12 hours. For your trim/extend issue, this command works fine after testing it. Perhaps we can set up a "gotomeeting" to figure out why this particular command is not working for you. Please email at the email address provided telling us when is a good time for you and with your contact info.

Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.