Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2011 06:30:41 GMT by
Is it possible to have the preset camera views transferred to a layout? I am struggling to find how this works. I have set 3 camera's in my model, then applied Detail Style in Advance Properties dialog.

When I use the same detail style from the Drawing Style Manager using the USE button, only a view from the current UCS is created?

What am I missing and what is the correct DWG style to use?
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2011 08:11:09 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Detailing cameras with style from drawing style manager is similar to detailing single part objects, you just need to :
- have the drawing styel configured with "Selection set" (see attached picture).
- select the camera when asked by the detailing procedure.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

Attachment: selectionset_0.jpg

Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:21:18 GMT by
I have another question, when I use this method and I change the label type in the Drawing type dialog to show sections size instead of the configured values for the drawing style, this is only applied to the first Camera selected, 2nd and 3rd camera boxes default then to the original DWG Style configuration.

The only alternative, other than creating custom User DWG style, I can see is to run each camera individually ?

See short video.

http://screencast.com/t/I6uNGhiPOhY1
Posted Tue, 08 Mar 2011 07:57:40 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

The fact that the other two camera views are not using the manual label modification made in the "Drawing type" dialog is a problem which I've send to the dev. team for further investigation. As you already mention, for a workaround if you want to avoid the drawing style modification, you'll need to detail the cameras individually so the setting will be used for each one.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.