Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:31:03 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

Why can't I use a drawing number that was previously used to create a new drawing? I renamed the old drawing, but AS still tells me the drawing number exists already.

Case scenario: created drawing E1. renamed it in drawing manager to EX. when entering E1 for a new drawing I get this message: The drawing number (E1) already exists, please choose another number!

What's the work-around for that.

Thanks

Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:19:23 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Currently the drawing number for a created drawing can't be modified by the user (the rename in Document manager changes only the dwg name for a drawing, and not its internal drawing number). We have a Feature Request already in place to implement an option that will allow the user to change this number, which will be available in a future release.
You have two possibilities  to workaround the situation explained below :
A) Because the drawing number is only an internal mark, the dwg name can choose without affecting the drawing number. So if your case you modified the dwg name for E1 to EX, when you try to create another drawing with the name E1 just choose the internal number 2, and then E1 for the dwg name (when creating a drawing with DSM, the drawing name and drawing number fields are different and not related - you can modify them individually).
B) You can change the drawing number with the following workflow:
- De-register the E1 drawing.
- Create a new drawing that will take the 1 drawing number (when a drawing is de-registered, its drawing number is also removed from the model evidence)
- Register back the E1 drawing -> AS will pop up a dialog mentioning that the 1 drawing number is already used (by the second drawing created with this drawing number, from point 2), and you will be asked to give a new drawing number (unique) to the drawing before registering.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.