Posted Fri, 11 May 2012 15:41:20 GMT by Vincent BURNETTER Lapeyre Stair guy
Does anyone know what the RV stands for when using square bar?   example RV 3/4"
when we use round bar it shows as RB 1/2"  it means round bar.  HSS means Hollow structural steel
W means Wide flange beam.   For the life of me I cant figure out what RV is.  Does anyone know or did the devs just pick two random letters?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 01:32:11 GMT by Bart Rohal
I have the same question... did anyone answer you?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:22:06 GMT by Vincent BURNETTER Lapeyre Stair guy
Unfortunately no, no answer as of yet.   I figured out how to change the RV to a SQ. by editing a database.
Sometimes A question goes unanswered  here at graitec. XD

Heres how I did it on AS 2011
Management tools.
Table editor
load AstorProfiles2011
Locate the sizes in the list you use, then scroll to the  right and change the name in the language column of your choosing.  (I changed them all.) ex. RV 1/2 becomes SQ 1/2
Then just close it and use the update defaults tool  on the numbering and drawing toolbar.  
Hope this helps  cheers
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:35:16 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

Those profiles are very old in the AS database, and I couldn't find any initialdocumenation to explain the RV annotation. You can change the translation on the USEnglish column which matches the US installation, from the database/table mentioned in the previous post.

Dumitru Berteanu       

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Cloud services
Advance Steel

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.