Posted Fri, 09 Apr 2010 20:40:35 GMT by Vincent BURNETTER Lapeyre Stair guy

I am trying to add a 3/8 bolt assembly to a tread bolt.  I have the part figured out how to put the 3/8 bolt. The problem is The nut and washer stay the same size as the 1/2" bolt that I copied from. Where can I change the nut info for a a325 10.9 3/8 bolt.  It looks Stupid that way I have now and unfortunately my boss doesnt like Stupid to much

AS 2010 sp3

Posted Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:22:32 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

The bolt assemblies can be modified from : Management Tools / Bolt Editor / Bolt Assembly.
From there you can modify the nut and washer types for each bolt assembly. After the modification is done, saved and database reload in Advance Steel, you need to refresh the bolt assembly in order to see the modifications (you can refresh it by entering its dialog, and change to another dimension then change back).

Posted Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:10:31 GMT by Vincent BURNETTER Lapeyre Stair guy

Ok I went to management tools, Bolt editor and then Bolt assembly, From there I choose A325, NaW and then I choose the 3/8 bolt I created.  Where exactly is there a place to change the washer and nut to be used in this assembly? 

I see 3 tabs to the right  bolt assembly, bolt and length. Im not sure where to change the nut and washer sizes.  on the bolt assembly tab I see a box that says Washer1 and Nut1, Must I delete these and add new ones? Where would I find the names for these new ones?

I am using AS2010 sp3 Thanks for your patience.

Posted Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:38:35 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

In the "Bolt assembly" tab you can see two boxes where you can add washers and nuts to the bolt assembly, or edit the current ones. To edit them, please double-click on the name "Washer 1", "Nut 1" etc to open the properties dialog. Here, you will have avaliable all the nuts or washers for the respective bolt diameter. After you make the modification, the bolt assembly needs to be saved using the button : "Save in database".

Posted Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:54:55 GMT by Vincent BURNETTER Lapeyre Stair guy
I see now, Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.