Posted Wed, 04 Jun 2014 09:06:27 GMT by Nenad

Hi,

I couldn't find the better place to post this issues, so here they are:

1. The input area for the message is ridiculusly narrow! 4 rows - I really don't get the point... THe strange thing is that ONCE there was a "stretchable" righ lower corner (after my first adressing to this problem) - but I can't manage to see it again...

2. The forum automaticaly log me out after some time. And the short one, I didn't measure, but it looks like 5 min or so. I understad that, security reasons and other Top Secret stuff, but there is another problem closely related to this one:

When I write the message, and in the meantime the forum loged me out - it leads me to the login page, and then it appears that the message was posted. It give me the info:

- Message posted

Your message has been posted.  Return to previous topic.

Forum Index >  >  >  > Message posted

HOWEVER - the message is not posted! If i "return to the previous topic" - the message is not there.

It is very frustrating, as I have to write the message all over again...

It would be nice if someone could fix this problem...

Cheers,
Nenad

p.s. - the "edit post" and "quote post" wouldn't hurt, either...
Posted Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:04:55 GMT by Flavia Miclausi Graitec ROMANIA R&D Concrete Team Leader

Hello Nenad,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the forum functionalities. We have taken into account your requests and tried to solve them in the best manner possible. Please find below the solutions for the issues you have reported:

1.   The input area for the message is ridiculusly narrow! 4 rows - I really don't get the point... THe strange thing is that ONCE there was a "stretchable" righ lower corner (after my first adressing to this problem) - but I can't manage to see it again...

We made some tests and the area is stretchable, excepting IExplorer interpretation (scrollbar on text area). As a solution we have made the following changes for the default size of these controls: we increased the input area for the topic from 3 to 6 lines and for the post from 8 to 12 lines.

2. The forum automaticaly log me out after some time. And the short one, I didn't measure, but it looks like 5 min or so. I understad that, security reasons and other Top Secret stuff, but there is another problem closely related to this one […] When I write the message, and in the meantime the forum loged me out - it leads me to the login page, and then it appears that the message was posted. It give me the info[…]HOWEVER - the message is not posted! If i "return to the previous topic" - the message is not there. It is very frustrating, as I have to write the message all over again... It would be nice if someone could fix this problem...

As a default, the automatically log-out time was 20 minutes. This interval has been increased to 60 minutes now.

If you encounter other problems or you would like to see other improvements, please let us know and we will do our best to implement them.

Regards,

Flavia Miclausi

Posted Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:38:49 GMT by Nenad

Hi Flavia,

1. I have no idea how to stretch it. I have attached a few screenshots to show you how my input area looks like.

2. I don't mind being logged off.
What I do mind is the fact that once I have entered the message, and the forum logged me out in a mean time, and I get the misleading mesasge saying:
Forum Index >  >  >  > Message posted
Search on Forum
- Message posted

Why don't I get the message like "you are too slow for us and have been logged out. Log in, then press the back button twice, and press the "Submit" button again. And the next time - type faster." - or something like that.

I have learned the harder way how to do it (first few times I didn't "Return to previous topic", just closed the tab as soon as I got the "Message posted" info. And only tommorow, when I wanted to see if there is some new answer to my post, I found out that my message was not posted at all, despite the "Message posted" info...

Why does anybody else have to learn it the harder way too, when (s)he could get the hint and be spared of typing the message again?

Cheers,

Nenad

Attachment: Forum problems.zip

Posted Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:15:58 GMT by Flavia Miclausi Graitec ROMANIA R&D Concrete Team Leader

Hello Nenad,
Thank you for your feedback regarding these forum issues.
We did test the improvements before posting the answer on forum and everything worked fine. However, we have taken into account your remarks, so we will check the issues reported by you and try to come back with an answer as soon as possbile.

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know and we will try to find solutions.

Regards,

Flavia Miclausi

Posted Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:13:21 GMT by Nenad

Hi Flavia,

I am happy to inform you that i am writing this message in a stretched input field - so this issue seams to be solved.

However, I still get logged of quickly (would say 10 minutes - didn't count), and again have to repeat all the back-back steps although I get the info

Forum Index >  >  >  > Message posted
Search on Forum
- Message posted

Cheers,

NN

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.