very often we create welded assemblies consisting of multiple plates. To aid in assembly before tack welding and to prevent any measuring mistakes, we mostly create extensions on some plates and matching holes in the adjoining plates.

Upto now, I do this by creating plate notches with the function "rectangular controur, 2 points, UCS" or dummy plates which can be subracted from the other plate, which both are very time consuming procedures.

Today I discovered the function "plate - element contour" does work for plates that are in different planes, even angled (e.g. 90°), which wasn't the case some AS versions ago. That opens up some perspective...

Though when I set the offset value in the connection dialog to create a gap between the teeth of plate 1 and the hole in plate 2, it only increases the perimeter of plate 1, causing plate 1 to cut into plate 2, which is not what we are after.

It would be so helpful if we could subtract volume 2 from volume 1 (= plate 2 MINUS plate1) and adjust offset values for the intersecting volume only.

Any suggestings would be very welcome.

Attachment: 111010 plate to plate puzzle_1.zip