Posted Sat, 05 May 2012 14:58:59 GMT by Charles Maupin
When starting Advance Steel I see the following: c:\program files\common files\graitec\grtcsharedprotocol12_r18x64.dbx cannot
find a dll or other file that it needs.
It doesn't seem to affect the operation that I can see yet, but the tool bar buttons are just clouds.
Posted Mon, 07 May 2012 16:10:14 GMT by

Hello Charles,

This file does not belong to Advance Steel (it belongs to Advance Concrete, also part of the GRAITEC Advance suite) and therefore it is not required to make Advance Steel work fine.

Maybe you can give me some more information:

- on which platform do you use Advance Steel?

- is/was Advance Concrete installed on this computer?

- on which toolbar(s) does the issue happen?

Regards

Philippe

Posted Mon, 07 May 2012 16:27:01 GMT by Charles Maupin

Good Morning Philippe,

I am using it on AutoCAD 2012.  When I first opened it, it went to my default which is AutoCAD Mechanical 2012.  After I closed it I opened AutoCAD 2012 and now it opens in that.

Yes I did install Advance Concrete and Advance design since it asked during the install.

It happens with all the Advance tool bars.

Posted Thu, 10 May 2012 18:14:14 GMT by

Hello Charles,

I see that you are using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012, but this platform is not officially supported for Advance Steel.

Anyway, you can maybe try the following procedure:

- start AutoCAD alone, and reset the CUI files:

- type "CUI"

- on the top-left side of the dialog, you have a tree view with a main category: ACAD

- right-click on ACAD and choose the option "Reset ACAD.cuix"

- press "Apply" and then close the dialog

- open the "Options" dialog and from the Files tab / Support file search patch remove all the links with "Graitec" in their path.

- make sure that in the Customization file (located in the same Options / Files tab) / Main customization file is the correct .cuix file associated to your Autocad installation.

- close AutoCAD and restart Advance Steel 2012

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards

Philippe

Posted Fri, 11 May 2012 23:11:07 GMT by Charles Maupin
Thanks Philippe.  The local tech rep fixed it for me.  He went in and deleted the mnr files and is is working fine now.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.