Posted Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:15:44 GMT by DANIEL CARRIERE AJP Engineering Services Manager Mechanical & Structural (Welding Engineer)
Hi

Good afternoon.

I have a question regarding "weights' on BOM internal drawing.
I create a cut-out on a mounting plate and I got the same result of weight from the original on the BOM.
Posted Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:10:31 GMT by

Hi Daniel, 

We have two types of attributes for this. "Weight", which compiles to weight of Advance Steel objects without taking in considerations copes, holes or cut backs. We also have the attribute "Exact Weight" which takes into consideration copes, holes or cut backs. Simply change the attributes in your BOM templates or the templates editor depending on which type, "old" or "new" you are using. You can check which ones you are using by going into your Management tools, defaults, in filter type "bom"  and in the Drawing-General section if you are using new or old. You should use the new BOMs... (Therefore the second line should be selected.) 

You can modify your BOM templates at : C/ProgramData/Autodesk/AdvanceSteel2015.1/Shared/Support/BOMTemplate.

Regards 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.