Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:53:32 GMT by
How to sync AS databases on two computers?
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:04:25 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Information about how to use shared databases in Advance Steel between two or more computers can be found in the following FAQ :
http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=712&Language=EN&Name=How+to+use+databases+from+a+network+computer%3F
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:12:30 GMT by
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the quick response.
I have already seen the link mentioned by you and we have tried the same.
This creates two issues for us:
1. Speed. Even on a 1 Gbps connection, application startup and many fuctions are considerably slower with the shared network database method.
2. It stops persons from using the system from home/ remote places. Usage over internet/ VPN will be very very slow.

I have also seen an old link in the FAQ : http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=678&Language=EN&Name=How+is+the+customization+from+a+previous+Advance+Steel+version+merged%3F

This shows some way to copy customized settings from old version to new version. I was wondering if such a method is possible for usage in the same version but on different computers. 

Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 04:40:27 GMT by
If need to have same bases from different networks (from home/ remote places as you mensioned) you may use some cloud services. Place bases in shared directory and everyone will have access to latest bases. Not very fast, because whole mdb will be downloading, but works.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.