Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 02:27:23 GMT by

I have a small steel framed structure, the columns are a SHS chorded truss with 60NB CHS webbing, how do I group the components so that I can detail the assembly as one component (when I get to the drawing stage)? The rafter is also a truss of similar structural composition.

Also, how do I weld around a circular section object? I am having difficulty welding the CHS to the SHS, I assumed the welding might combine the componenets to form the truss column assembly.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:59:13 GMT by Sorin Bularca Graitec ROMANIA

Hi Chris,

Welds are created as weld points or weld lines. These objects contain not only the weld properties but also the

logical connection between connected structural parts.

With the Advance ASTemplate.dwt standard template, weld points are created as individual elements in the

form of a pink cross whereas weld lines are represented in the model as thick polylines.

Weld patterns are created using the “Weld point” and “Weld line” tools the Connection Objects panel of the

Objects tab.

To create a weld point with its information, click on the Connection Objects panel of the Objects

tab. Select the objects to connect, press Enter, and enter the center point of the weld to be created.

To create a weld line with its information, click on the Connection Objects panel of the Objects tab.

Select the objects to connect, press Enter, and enter the start point for the first weld line and one or more

end points.

Weld objects can store information separately for the upper and lower weld: basic weld, surface shape, weld

design, weld thickness; weld definition: weld location, single length, circular (continuous); display type: “Standard”

or “Off” to hide the weld; “additional information” option to add weld text for additional information.

Regards,

Sorin Bularca

Posted Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:59:06 GMT by

Thank you Sorin, I am still having difficulty welding a circular hollow section to a square hollow section. I am ble to complete a weld as a straight line however welding around a circular object is difficult, am I supposed to create a line or a path for the weld to follow?

Chris

Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 01:10:49 GMT by

Here is a visual, hopefully this will help to clarify, at the moment the weld function seems only able to weld at a point or in a straight line.

Posted Wed, 06 Nov 2013 02:52:21 GMT by

Here it is sorry!

Attachment: Welding in AS_1.rar

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.