Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2010 01:04:39 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner
I found out that all of the drawings I created on a project need to be renumbered twenty pages higher.  All of the single parts and main parts need to be renumbered twenty higher as well.  In other words, a single part that is numbered 1pa now needs to change to 31pa.  A beam numbered 3B1 now needs to be 33B1.

What is the easiest way of renumbering the drawings and piece marks without redetailing everything?  I have about 21 pages of details and 11 erection drawings to contend with.

Thanks for the help!
Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:21:14 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Considering the numbers of your single part elements, I presume the method used to number is : With drawing number. This method use the drawing number to give a part mark to the object detailed on it. Due to this, using this method is not possible to give another number to an object if the drawing number of dwg file remains the same. Once created, a drawing can't have its drawing number changed, therefore using this method, you can't change a part mark for an object without recreating the detail drawing.
By default, when detailing starts on a new model, the first number used is 1. But, you can change this by modifying the following default : Start number for drawing numbers. Defaults can be found in Management Tools / Defaults category. After changing the value of any of them, you need to press on : "Load settings in Advance" button to apply the modification to the current AS session.
For example, in your case : you remove the numbering. Then, delete the drawings. Modify the default to match the new start number for your drawings / part marks (to 31 to follow your example). Create new drawings - the start number will now be 31, and the elements will take this number accordingly.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.