Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:13:21 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Morning, I need to use a W section with some welded plates as a column, Is there a way to define it as a compound section? 

Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:23:55 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

There is an automatic connection that creates plates parallel to web, but I need to change the justification of the plates, How can I do that?

Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:02:57 GMT by Tommy Moussis Graitec USA Inc.

Hello Frederico,

You could achieve this by using the command “Welded beams, I Symmetric” you will find this in the “Object” flyout under the beams tab

Kind Regards,

Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:55:52 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

Morning, I have an standart I section with some plates parallel to web, to create a round section (see attach file "plates parallel to web") , but using the connection "Plate parallet to beam web" those are outside the I section (see attach file "plates parallel to web 2") and I need them inside.

Is there a way to insert those plate like I need them?

Regads

Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:57:48 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

I didnt attach the files

Attachment: Plates parallel to web.JPG

Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:58:16 GMT by FEDERICO LLOBET

An this one..

Attachment: Plates parallel to web graitec's_1.JPG

Posted Mon, 04 Nov 2013 08:28:58 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

The highlighted joint will indeed place the plate outside the beam flanges, and it doesn't offer an option to offset it along Y axis.

You can either create a manual plate positioned at the specific position, or if you need the "plate" to be along the whole beam length, you can customize a generic compound beam to create an I beam plus two Flat sections. I've attached a sample model with such a section.

More information about how generic compound beams can be configured can be found in the following FAQ : http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=825&Language=EN&Name=How+are+custom+shape+compound+profiles+created+in+Advance+Steel%3F

Attachment: genericcompundbeam.zip

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.