Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:46:57 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

My BOM is set up to show only one side for Surface of piece (Area1 token). However I can not get Total Surface to add up surface area of one side for all plates/sheets combined (keeps giving me paint surface). According to tech support that option does not exist in AS2012. Did it change in AS2013 or is there maybe a workaround for that?

Thanks

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:56:40 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

For BoM editor, the Area1 token is astandalone token, which displays the area of one plate, and there is no othertoken to display the area of all the plates (so taking the quantity intoconsideration), and also no token for a sum up. For this, you will need to use BoM on drawings, where you cancreate formulas to multiply the area and the quantity, as in the picture attached.

Attachment: bom on drawing.png

Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:20:06 GMT by DENNIS STILLER

At our company we like to give a material summary printout to our costingdepartment instead of having them go through x-amount of drawings and manuallycalculate sheet/plate quantities (takes way more time, never mind chance oferrors). This totally defies Graitec's claim of automation. In my opinion it ismore important to have an accurate number for sheet/plate quantity than acouple litres of paint.

Is it possible to submit a feature request for that?

Will it be possible to add that option (added token or modified formula) tothe BOM using API in AS2013?

I would love to hear how other companies determine sheet/plate quantitiesfor a project.

Thanks

Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:37:52 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

We already have Feature request in place to implement an optionto sum tokens in groups for BoM editor.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.