Posted Sat, 02 Oct 2010 21:58:05 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
In Hole dialog box I like to see additional options for:
A- Staggered holes pattern on beams & have an option to apply on beam guage.
B- All threaded rods with specified diameter , length & weld type to beams.

This application is used when wood nailer is used for wood joist framing.

Regards

Posted Sun, 03 Oct 2010 01:57:09 GMT by
Greg:

On the first option you can apply holes on the beam gauge. Open the properties on the beam and go to exact tab and set it to exact. it puts lines showing the beam gauge. then you apply your holes at say 2'-0 O.C. then go to the hole option and split the hole group and delete the holes to make them staggered.

on option B i just use the threaded studs for them.
Posted Thu, 07 Oct 2010 14:46:52 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer
Daniel,
Thanks for reply. Here in California %98 of our beams required either staggered holes or welded studs & applying them manually is time consuming. My point/request was to do it automatically since they have 4 types of staggered hole patterns in shear late  connection on page 245 per Advance Connection Guide which comes with 2nd CD as Documents. Hope Graitec will take care of it.

Regards,
Greg Daneshvar
Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:42:02 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

We'll take into consideration a feature request to introduce a stagger hole pattern in the current manual bolt pattern.

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.