Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 05:54:25 GMT by
How to open AS 2013 files in AS 2012?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:32:08 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Advance Steel files are not version backwards compatible, so an AS 2013 file can't be opened with AS 2012. You can realize a partial transfer for a model through GTC (Export the model to GTC with AS 2013 and then import it with AS 2012).
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 04:45:51 GMT by

Hi, Graitec Group I cannot open a dwg file of Graitec 2013 on another computer with Graitec 2012.
This happens even if the file does not contain Graitec's Objects.

I made sure Graitec deleting files with the command _AstM4RemoveHyperSteel, but still continues to display the error message and I can not open the file.

My Drawing only have autocad objects like Polylines, lines, circles, etc, but not have Graitec's objects.

Please give me a solution, because my other computer don't have the Graitec 2013 Version

Attachment: Graitec Error_1.png

Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:41:31 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA

If the respective dwg doesn't have AS objects, you can do the following :

- start AutoCAD alone.

- set the system variable "demandload" to value 2. This will not allow AS to load, when you open the respective dwg.

- copy/paste the whole dwg contents (you can select it with "Ctrl+A") to a new dwg, created with AutoCAD. Save that dwg.

- set "demandload" back to 3, and close AutoCAD.

- open AS 2012 and then open the dwg.

Make sure before you copy the contents of the dwg to the new one to not have any objects in it that have a name that starts with "AST". You can check the objects inside the dwg by using the CAD command : Quick Select.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.