I have another solution that can suits you, specially whenyou’ll use cross-sections that can be used also in another projects. Here iswhat you’ll have to do:
- Open the used cross-sections window (Menu Bar> Edit > Used cross sections);
- Click on “Add” button and click on the “User”tab;
- Create the desired user cross-section (compoundcross-section in your case) using the Section generator tool (please consult thefollowing FAQ regarding this subject: http://www.graitec.com/en/FAQ_view.asp?FAQID=790&Language=EN&Name=How+is+a+user-defined+section+designed+using+the+calculation+program%3F).You can choose to create the user cross section in the “European Profiles”library in order to link this library to every standard contour.
- After creating the compound cross-section,before exporting it to Advance Design library, fill the Sy and Sz values (these values cannot be automatically calculated, since no formulas were provided by Eurocode 3).
- When this section is ready to use and it is importedin the used sections list, you can assign it to the desired elements.
I hope that this will help you.