Posted Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:48:37 GMT by Rikard
Hi
We recently started using Advanced design and I’ve given the task to implement the program in our calculations.

We are a reseller of truss beams and we provide a set of standard beams. I want to create those beams in Advanced design and then be able to import them into new models in Advanced design (like the block function in Autocad). I’ve searched the user manual and the tutorials but haven’t been able to find how to do that.

Can you help me with this?

Reagards

Rikard Hellgren
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:49:11 GMT by Victor Seiculescu Graitec Roumanie SRL

Hello,

Do as follows in order to create a library with the desired truss beam:

-          create the desired truss beam and select it;

-          go to Menu bar > File > Export > Library;

-          mention the path where you want to save the library and specify the anchor point (it is the point which will be used to insert the elements when importing the library; it can be defined manually or you can use the selection tool – see the attached picture);

-          give a different name (if necessary) and click ok.

Importing the previously created library into a new project can be done from Menu bar > File > Import > Library. Here you’ll have to mention the library which you’ll want to import (browse from the path where you have saved it) and mention also the insertion point.

Detailed information of the above steps can be found in the help documentation (Menu bar > ? > Help). Search for “Exporting libraries of elements” and “Importing libraries of elements”.

Regards

Attachment: select anchor point.rar

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.