Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:59:47 GMT by Daniel Fordham Fordham Consulting Ltd Managing Director
Since changing computers Advance Design runs much slower. The new machine is faster than the old, but not by much.

I was running SP1, but now tried SP2, which is the same.

Is there a way of reducing the processing load on the pc within Advance Design?

Also, the graphical model is always out of sync with the display. What I mean by this is; when I pass the mouse pointer over the model in the display to select an element the program thinks the element is above where it appears on the screen!
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:26:07 GMT by Victor Seiculescu Graitec Roumanie SRL

Hello,

Most of the new machines have 2 video cards:

-         one integrated (as the new processors haveintegrated graphics)

-         and one dedicated.

We asssume that you are in this situation. The processor isloading too much because it is used also for graphics and that’s normal becausethe Windows will use it for maximum performance and power saving.

In order to avoid this behaviour you’ll have to do asfollows:

-          updatethe driver for both video cards. If you don’t manage to do this, you can e-mailus (at helpdesk.ad@graitec.com) the information regarding your systemconfiguration (the system configuration can be found in the Control Panel\AllControl Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools under the “Viewadvance system details in System Information”) and we can advice you from whereyou can download the drivers.

-         After updating to the latest video card drivers,you’ll have to right click on Advance Design icon and you’ll have to choose tostart this application with the dedicated video card.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.