Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:55:46 GMT by
I am doing the tutorials. tutorial 1.
Displaying the moments diagrams I get the local diagram for each element. See the picture attached.
I understand it must be a setting I don´t find. The configuration is set to global coordinate system.
How can I get a normal diagram as in the toturial.
Thank you in advance!
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:43:11 GMT by Victor Seiculescu Graitec Roumanie SRL

You forgot to attach the picture. You can post the link of the tutorial and mention also the time where you have seen the diagram.

Anyway, the results can be displayed in global axes (it appliesmostly for supports results), or in local axes. This can be done from the Resultssettings window (see the attached picture).

Regards

Attachment: results.rar

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:05:19 GMT by
Victor, attached is again the screenshot. As you see I have global axis defined but still the diagrams looks like in local coordinates.

Attachment: diagramas de momentos_0.png

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:08:27 GMT by Victor Seiculescu Graitec Roumanie SRL

It looks like you have deactivated the “Bending rigidstructure” option. Unchecking this option is recommended in the analysis of 2Dtruss models or models with elements without bending stiffness (like bars andmembranes). More information about this can be found in the following FAQ:

Howis the bending rigid structure option used?

In order to obtain the correct result you’ll have to check the“Bending rigid structure” option. This can be done in the descriptive modelfrom Menu bar > Assumptions > Structure (see the attached image).

Attachment: assumption.rar

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.